Monday, February 27, 2012

Sugbo

On the way back to Cebu from Dumaguete we passed through Carcar but didn't have much time because we were to meet my cousin, Dito Florido, thanks to the kind arrangement of his sister, Herminia, who lives in the U.S.
TONIGHT I MET MY RELATIVES ON MY MOTHER'S SIDE FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!  Our group has been in the Philippines for two weeks.  Every day I have been aware of planting my two feet into the Philippine earth in preparation for this moment.  We will meet together tomorrow and return to Carcar where my maternal grandfather, Celestino T. Alfafara, Sr. was born, accompanied by Vip Aleonor - Dicto's cousin via marriage, and an amazing historian.  The door is ajar and I see a whole lot of sunshine coming in.  Thanks to cousins back home in U.S.-Herminia Florido and Gemma Nemenzo for their kind assistance and support of the book project. 
                                          From L-R: Lisa Suguitan Melnick, Dito Florido, Dicto Yap (son of Telesfora,Grandpa's sister), Orange (her nickname)- Dito's daughter, and Vip Aleonar.

No comments:

Post a Comment