Wednesday, February 22, 2012

the customs lady

2/15/2012. So Kathy and I flew SFO-Narita...Narita - MNL via All Nippon Airways and enjoyed smooth flights kissed with attentive service.   I went through to Customs Entry fine, with no glitches in spite of the fact that I had not filled out any forms on the plane.  The agent that Kathy met, however, held up a form, saying, "Where's your paper? What do you mean you didn't get one on the plane? You must have been sleeping.  Go over there, jerking her head the direction of the wall to her left, about 30 feet away, and fill up one of these.  Come back to me."
Twenty minutes later after waiting once again in line, the agent returned from her gossip session with the guys in uniform.  We were the very last two people in the area.  "Uy! she jumped, realizing we were still not through. Then she said to Kathy, "Wrong form! I told you THIS one," she clicked, holding up a totally different paper than she had shown earlier.  I could feel Kathy's fight coming up.

Agent looked at me standing next to Kathy and said, "Oh you're together?"   I didn't say anything.   I wanted to say, "Your face is the first one who greeted us in the Philippines, during our very first visit here.  Thank you for the most special surprise of a first impression."   I hope she figured it out herself.     Where did you get THAT form, Customs Lady?

No comments:

Post a Comment